- What ingredients in resource extraction situations create a recipe for conflict?
- Global competition for resources will be at the root of many conflicts. How can we anticipate and prevent conflicts while empowering local communities in an increasingly globalized environment?
- What is the background of this issue (in the language of conflict resolution, the factors are referred to as “bases” for conflict). Globalization, indigenous communities, competition for resources – how do all of these lead to a recipe for conflict?
- Why it is so important to protect indigenous communities and their lands and cultures?
- Why is it important to turn the tables on the power imbalance between resource extraction companies and indigenous communities?
Share your thoughts and ideas by adding your comments below.