What is human rights monitoring and why do we do it? Share your own examples of what you are monitoring, why you monitor it (objectives and goals), who is involved, and what are your guiding principles.
- What do we monitor? What kinds of abuses do you monitor (events, cases, situations, systematic abuses, etc)? How do these different contexts impact the goals of monitoring efforts?
- Who monitors? Who is involved? Who are the stakeholders?
- What does it mean to be a “watchdog”? How does does this term impact your work in a positive or negative way?
- How do you determine what information is needed and how to obtain it?
- What are the general principles that guide human rights monitoring?
Share your thoughts, ideas and stories to this discussion thread by adding your comments below, or responding to existing comments.