You can use these questions to help kick off this discussion thread:
- What are the specific technical obstacles that can be addressed in order to better represent more languages online?
- What is “locale,” how is it used, and why is it important for promoting underrepresented languages online?
- How do I create a custom font or keyboard for my language?
- How can open source software localization be used to support the online use of underrepresented languages? How do I start translating?
- How can we develop the appropriate technical terminology? How can we create more dictionaries and spell checkers in underrepresented languages?
- How do we get our languages into Google, Facebook, Twitter?
Share your experiences, thoughts, ideas and questions by adding a comment below or replying to an existing comment!