You can use these questions to help kick off this discussion thread:
- How have you been able to promote the use of a language online with communities? How do you get others excited and engaged?
- How have you trained others to use these citizen media tools?
- What social media platforms are most suitable for language revitalization, and why?
- How can we engage elders and older fluent speakers to engage with social media, especially when fluency is lacking among the younger generation?
- Are there concerns about using platforms owned by large for-profit companies that are mainly interested in marketing and advertising to their users?
- How realistic would it be to develop independent social network(s) tailored to a given language/culture, and guaranteeing a more “immersive” experience?
Share your experiences, thoughts, ideas and questions by adding a comment below or replying to an existing comment!