In this discussion thread, we’d like you to share specific examples of successful applications of technology for the purpose of child protection. Please include information on:
- The goal of the specific initiative and how it fit into a larger child protection strategy
- The technology tool(s) used
- The stakeholders
- How the initiative was implemented
- The impact
- If possible, include any ideas for how this approach could be used in other contexts.
Other questions to think about and respond to:
- Which new technologies are already accessible and being used by various stakeholders especially children, adolescents and youth; endogenous or institutional? (Various stakeholders could include children, parents and caretakers, intermediaries, broader communities, local child protection committees and ‘safe houses’, local institutions, social workers, experts, civil servants, governments, national and international NGOs, local and national law enforcement agencies.)
- How are children and young people using these tools to protect themselves or to become better informed about ways to protect or keep themselves safe?
What information and communication systems are currently in use at child and family, community, district, national, transnational /regional and global levels for supporting or protecting children and can these systems be improved, promoted or better accessed using new ICTs such as mobile phones?
Are there existing scalable, replicable or adaptable examples of the use of ICTs in this area we can learn from? What were the successes, challenges, failures and lessons/good practices?
Share your examples, experiences and ideas by adding a new comment to this discussion thread or by replying to existing comments.