To help start the conversation and keep the focus of this discussion thread, please consider and respond to the following questions:
- How do activist movements make sure that the issues they advocate for are still generating interest and commitment among the younger generations? How are peace movements and women’s movements dealing with the issue of involving young people in their work?
- What are the differences between current day youth activism, and how it was done in the past?
- How does the UN work around youth including a gender perspective (differentiating between boys’ and girls’ experiences and realities) and how is civil society and youth initiatives involved in these UN initiatives? (top-down or collaborative?)
- Are young activists actively reaching out to those who went before them, building on the experience and expertise gained?
- Why did they establish themselves as youth organization, and how they link with the older generation of activists?
Share your experiences, thoughts, ideas and questions by adding a comment below or replying to existing comments!