There is a lot that we can learn from each other by simply knowing what has been done, what worked well, and what didn’t work so well. Consider these questions when sharing your experiences in this forum topic:
- What areas of culture are used to promote uncritical support for the military (state or non-state militaries) and the prioritisation of military capability? (think about film, television, fashion, public ceremonies, etc)
- What activities have you undertaken to question this militarisation of culture?
- Is it possible to re-interpret or reclaim military symbols?
- Which tactics have been most successful? What have been the challenges?
- With which members of society have you allied - or could you ally with - to counter the militarisation of culture?
Share your experiences, thoughts, ideas and questions by adding a comment below or replying to existing comments!
For help on how to participate in this conversation, please check out these online instructions.