In this discussion topic, we're documenting examples of successful (or unsuccessful) partnerships or coalition. We'd like you to reflect on your experiences and share your examples below. Consider these questions below when sharing your comments in this discussion topic:
- How did a partnership or coalition fit into your strategy? And how did you know when it did?
- What information is important to know before entering a partnership or coalition?
- What kind of partnership or coalition did you build? How was it built? Was it formalized? (If so, what did that look like? A memorandum of understanding?)
- Where were the dynamics of the inspiration for the partnership or coalition? What was the motivation?
- How do you know when it has worked? How do you measure the impact of a partnership or coalition? What are the indicators you have used? And how do you know when to end the partnership or coalition?
- What challenges did you face? How were you able to overcome these challenges and the common barriers to collaboration? When do events, statement, etc represent the coalition versus an individual member?
- Have you engaged nontraditional allies, such as police, businesses, government, etc? Please share examples of how unusual/nontraditional allies have helped move your human rights work forward.
Share your thoughts, experiences, questions, challenges and ideas by replying to the comments below.
For help on how to participate in this conversation, please visit these online instructions. New feature: you can now add images and video to your comments!