Below is a list of questions to serve as a starting framework for the discussion in this thread:
- What barriers stand in the way of holding governments accountable for protecting LGBTQI rights?
- How do defining LGBTQI rights as human rights help advocacy efforts?
- What are some of the ways in which governments are obligated to protect LGBTQI rights?
- How can international NGOs respond to government violations? What about local human rights defenders?
- What can LGBTQI rights advocates do in response to political or societal pressure to halt their activities?
- Share stories of success