National Human Rights Institutions can be powerful vehicles for the promotion of human rights. This Featured Online Dialogue will focus on ways in which these mechanisms have utilized their mandates and resources to address issues of discrimination.
New Tactics is pleased to host these experienced resource practitioners from eight countries (more biographical information).
[Photo found on the City of Salem website.]
Table of Contents
The following table of contents was developed to make the dialogue easier to navigate. Important themes and different discussions have been highlighted for archival purposes and for new users.
Resources mentioned in the Dialogue can be found here.
- Human Rights Compliance Assessment Tool
- Engaging Civil Society and here
- Methods of Combating and Preventing Discrimination and here
- Mechanisms Available to Citizens and Organizations
- National Courts vs NHRIs
- Key Challenges and Success and here
- NGO Partnerships
- Issue of Discrimination and Institutions Mandates and here
- Key Discrimination Issues and Areas
- HIV/AIDS Discrimination
- Selection Procedure for Human Rights Institutions and here
- Using NHRI mechanisms for Addressing Discrimination Issues