The production and finalization of this toolkit would not have been possible without dedicated and resilient efforts by the USAID Civic Initiatives Support Program staff. Sincere thanks go to every member of programmatic teams for undertaking numerous tasks to finalize this Toolkit. Appreciation extends to Eman Nimri, Nada Heyari, Faisal Abu Sondos, Ahmad S Hourani, and Dalia Asali. Special thanks go to the USAID CIS COP Frances Abouzeid for her leadership and strategic guidance for producing this toolkit.
Special thanks to the USA and MENA staff of the Center for Victims of Torture (CVT) – New Tactics in Human Rights program for their tremendous efforts in training and mentoring our partners; interviewing the partners upon completion of their interventions; and offering their methodology modules on effective and innovative advocacy as a documentation structure for all the cases presented in this toolkit.
We would also like to extend gratitude and appreciation to our partners and grantees! They designed and implemented the advocacy campaigns: engaged in learning the methodology, implemented the campaign, documented lessons learned, demonstrated flexibility in revisiting and adapting their project plans, took the time to work with the New Tactics' team to document the cases, and reviewed the final versions. These partners are:
- The Royal Marine Conservation Society of Jordan (JREDS) – which is the only case that started under CSP and was captured in the first toolkit and continued under USAID CIS
- Information and Research Center – King Hussein Foundation (IRC/KHF)
- Sisterhood is Global Institute (SIGI)
- The Specific Union for Productive Farmer Women (SUPFW)
- Greyscale Films
- Al Masir International Center for Studies Research and Training (Al Masir)
- Forearms of Change Center to Enable Community
- Tibneh Charitable Association
- The Islamic Charity Center Society / Tafilieh
- Damj Company for Community Empowerment
- Prisoners and Prisoners Families After Care Association (EDMAJ)
- Princess Basma Development Center/Karak/JOHUD
All advocacy cases included in this Toolkit were supported by the USAID CIS Program, funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by FHI 360.