Leading a New Tactics conversation is a great opportunity for you to reflect on your own work, share your experiences with others, learn from peers and meet allies.
A New Tactics Conversation Leader is someone who has committed to participate regularly in a New Tactics conversation. This is someone who has experience or expertise on the conversation topic.
We work with approximately 10 Conversation Leaders for each conversation. Sometimes we work with fewer, and sometimes more - but we find that this range is the best because it allows for a diverse exchange of ideas, questions, experiences, and also allows New Tactics to provide individual support for these participants.
We try to find a diverse group of Conversation Leaders that represent different perspectives, human rights issues, and geographic regions. We've worked with over 600 conversation leaders from over 70 countries.
Why does New Tactics work with Conversation Leaders?
Working with Conversation Leaders ensures that more content will be adding to the Conversation each day, which will therefore create more opportunity for exchange, helping us to meet the goals of each Conversation.
What are the expectations?
The expectations for Conversation Leader include:
- Promote and share the conversation with their networks (2 hours)
- Add several comments (2-3 minimum) to the conversation each day it is live (2 hours x 5 days = 10 hours)
New Tactics is responsible for:
- Coordinating the conversation by creating the space on our website and inviting Conversation Leaders and other participants
- Engaging the New Tactics network by promoting the conversation on website, in newsletter, on Twitter and Facebook
- Training Conversation Facilitators and Leaders on how to participate in the conversation (via a video shared by New Tactics)
- Provide support and guidance for the Conversation Facilitator and Conversation Leaders throughout the week
- Collecting feedback on the conversation process and outcomes
- Writing a summary of the conversation, posting on conversation page and alerting Conversation Facilitators and Leaders
If you are interested in participating in this community as a Conversation Leader, contact us.