- What tools are being used to shift the power back to communities? Examples: free, prior and informed consent, OECD Guidelines, lawsuits, training, dialogue, boycotts, etc.
- How can these tools, techniques, and tactics be improved and strengthened?
- How might power imbalances (asymmetric conflict dynamics) create opportunities to transform conflict through nonviolent strategies or tactics?
- How can we ensure that resource extraction benefits the community?
- This discussion thread is the space for the practical examples to be shared – stories, resources, tools, etc.
- What role do governments play? What role should governments play?
- Communities can get hurt in the action of resistance. How can these communities be protected? What is the longer term impact? What is the cost? What are the risks to human rights defenders and communities? How do communities heal?
Share your stories, thoughts and ideas by adding your comments below.